Having a big New Years Eve bash or staying home with the kids? Either way this free printable can help you organize a special night to celebrate! Pick something new and fun to do at the start of each 30 minutes to keep the night moving along and everybody excited for the next event! Get ready to ring in the New Year with a bang!
You can brainstorm together as a family ahead of time ideas that you might want to include in your schedule. This starts at 6:30pm and goes every 30 minutes until midnight. Of course the activity doesn’t have to take the full 30 minutes. In fact, it’s probably good to have a little downtime in between each event. And of course if you get off-schedule, no worries! The point is to have fun. If you’re having fun you’re doing it right :).
I do have one made for you, it’s geared more for the crowd staying home and also staying up with their kiddos. They are all family-friendly New Years Eve activities. If you happen to like my ideas you can just print that right off. Or there is a blank one so you can come up with your own. Hang that baby up where everyone can see it and announce that the festivities will begin at 6:30!
Even if you’re with a group of adults I think this would be a fun thing to do with new games and challenges or competitions starting every 30 minutes. Fun minute to win it type activities are perfect (like who can scoop up the most marshmallows with a spatula blindfolded in 30 seconds).
Minute to Win it New Years Eve Games
If you’re looking for more ideas for your gathering, here is a list of minute to win it games that are simple, require minimal supplies, and guarantee loads of fun and laughter! Adjust the difficulty level as needed and enjoy the enthusiasm these Minute to Win It games bring to your gathering.
- Cookie Face: Place a cookie on someone’s forehead and they have to move it to their mouth using only their facial muscles, without using their hands.
- Stack Attack: Challenge participants to stack a tower of cups into a pyramid using only one hand within a minute.
- Junk in the Trunk: Attach an empty tissue box around a player’s waist filled with ping pong balls. They need to shake, jump, and wiggle to empty the box within a minute.
- Face the Cookie: Players place a cookie on their forehead and, using only facial muscles, try to move it down into their mouth without using hands.
- Suck It Up: Using a straw, transfer M&Ms or small candies from one plate to another in under a minute.
- Movin’ On Up: Stack a set of cups in a pyramid and move them, one at a time, from the bottom to the top in a minute.
- Penny Hose: Place a bunch of pennies into the foot of a pair of pantyhose. Players must retrieve them by using their hands inside the hose, without spilling any, within a minute.
- Hanky Panky: Empty a box of tissues using only one hand. The catch? You can only pull out one tissue at a time!
- Nutstacker: Using a chopstick, stack nuts (like peanuts or cashews) on top of each other. The challenge is to create the highest stack in one minute.
- Cup Stack: Stack plastic cups into a pyramid and then back into a single stack in under a minute.
You can download this free printable with the form below. And if if you’re looking for a New Years party invitation I have one here.