*This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you, thanks for supporting my site*
We got the chance to throw a surprise party for a dear friend lately. It had me reminiscing about all the surprise parties in my days. I actually could only recall one- it was one I had thrown for my husband not longer after we were married. Got me thinking, we should do more surprise parties! They are so much fun!
Anyway, we kept it pretty simple: Just fondue, my favorite party game (Telestrations, have you played??) and lots of chatting. Since it was a girls get-together, and close to Valentine’s Day, it kind of doubled as a Galentine’s Get Together and I made printables to go along with that theme.
I can not take credit for the genius of linking this song from our childhood with fondue. I saw it on pinterest here in reference to a New Years Eve party, but there was no actual printable when I followed the link 🙁 .
Fondue Party Tips
- If you don’t have an actual fondue pot, no worries, use your crock pot!
- A little goes a long way, this is the recipe I used, I ended up doubling it, then it was too soupy (maybe because I doubled it?) and had to add an extra bag of chocolate chips, in the end we had WAY too much. (Like enough for probably 30 party guests instead of just the 15 that we had). If you use this recipe, I would go lighter on the milk it calls for.
- Use GOOD chocolate, I used ghiradelli chocolate chips, I’ve also used symphony bars in the past…yummmmmm
- Have each guest bring a dipper- this is a good and easy way to spread the work load and you end up with a fun variety of things! Some ideas:
- donut holes
- graham crackers
- angel food cake
- cream puffs
- Have skewers available
- I had long and short skewers in jars next to the fondue, cover them with the free printable and you are set to go
- Serve with milk…because… chocolate and milk are buddies.
Have you ever done a Galentine’s Get together? It is such a fun tradition! Grab that Telestrations game, whip up some fondue and your cheeks will be hurting by the end of the night.
This also makes a cute valentine’s day printable all by itself:
I love to provide things for free on my site! Please help me to continue to do so by following me (Instagram), leaving reviews on facebook or pinterest, and leaving comments! Thank you friends!
2 thoughts on “Valentine’s Fondue Printables”
Throwing a Galentines Day party and am totally going to use this!
You ARE?! How fun! Let me know how it goes, are you doing fondue?